The detachment is very grateful to God for the success and favour he
granted us in 2010 to be able to achieve more than we could ever
thing. He granted us His journey mercies and good health.
The following are the activities of the detachment in 2010:
1. Drive in Ogbomoso in February: this was the first assignment of
the year and about twenty two members from osogbo went for the drive.
The pints of blood donated were 399.
2. CATHY at Fakunle Comprehensive High School: 3 members of the
campaign arm were present at the school to talk to the students about
blood donation and also to answer their questions. The attendance was
3. Drive in Ilorin: a team of 5 people travelled to Ilorin to attend
their drive in May 2010. We participated in their campaign prior to
the drive and also delivered lecture on the modules of blood donation.
4. OSBC: the coordinator and the special duty officer were on a
yourba program at OSBC tagged Atokun Ilera for thirty minutes.
5. Seminar @ Ede: the coordinator of BDI osogbo delivered a lecture
on significant of blood donation at the seminar. The seven members of
osogbo detachment were present at the seminar.
6. World Blood Donors' Day June 14 2010: The BDI Osogbo detachment
went on advocacy to OSBC to tell the people of Osun state about
voluntary non enumerated blood donation. We were aired on both radio
and television for 45 mins.
7. Drive in Ogbomoso in June 2010: the drive was organized by Osogbo
detachment in Ogbomoso in partnership with NBTS Ibadan centre and we
had 199 pints of blood in a day drive two sites.
8. Safe Blood for Africa Seminar: the coordinator was in Ibadan to
represent the detachment at the seminar.
9. Ede detachment send forth: in July, Ede detachment had her send
forth program and installation of new executive. The BDI osogbo team
was present at the ceremony.
10. LSBTC WBDD in July: the coordinator and advocacy manager Osogbo
detachment were present at the celebration in Lagos.
11. CATHY @Laro High School: the campaign team was at the school in
October 2010 and we were given the opportunity to speak to the entire
school and we distributed secondary school friendly fact sheet which
was reviewed and produced by the members of the campaign team.
12. Africa Youth Day: Director of advocacy and members of the osogbo
detachment were aired on OSBC to commemorate the day and the
contribution of BDI toward the celebration.
13. National Pathology Week 2010 Exhibition: BDI Osogbo detachment
had a stand at the NPW 2010 organized by NPW Nigeria team with the
Royal College of Pathology U.k in November.
14. World Aids Day: we went on air at OSBC to tell the world about
the importance of safe blood transfusion in the prevention of the
spread of HIV for about 50 minutes.
BDI, LAUTECH Osogbo Detachment.
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF BLOOD DONATION Psychology which is the study of the mind is derived from Psyche “breath, spirit and soul” and logia, - ‘...
BLOOD DRIVE INITIATIVE QUESTIONNAIRE ON BLOOD DONATION Dear respondent, Blood drive initiative is a non-governmental organization whose aim ...
The landmark discovery of the ABO blood group system by Karl Landsteiner in 1900 paved way for easy transfusion of blood and blood products ...
AVAILABILITY OF SAFE BLOOD TOWARDS AN HIV-FREE SOCIETY: A CALL TO ACTION Annually, World AIDS Day (WAD) provides an opportunity for all of...
RAJI SHAKIRUDEEN ADESHINA ADEPOJU OLUWASEUN ADEWOLE FAGHILE PIUS SALAMI FAVOUR OPEYEMI JAYEOBA E.B OYELAMI OLUFEMI OYENIRAN S. TEMITOPE ALLI...
The joint BOD/BOT meeting of the foremost youth-led donor organization in Nigeria is underway in a couple of days. This is an all important ...
Tomorrow is the d-day. Hope to see you all at Ibadan (BDI's national headquarter), venue of the Intellectual discourse to commemorate WB...
The workshop was held on sat. 25th sept. 2010, titled Basic blood sefety core knowledge. It had in attendance 26 participants. This worksh...
Blood Drive Iniative was recently invited by NBTS Kogi sate centre to come and help with the establishment of BDI detachments in institution...